Chicken Curry Bake (serves 4)
4 chicken thighs (can be substituted for breasts, legs etc)
3 tablespoons oil
1 brown onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic sliced
1 tablespoon curry powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can (400ml) light coconut cream
1 cup chicken stock
Extras: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, spinach.
1. Pre heat oven to 180ºc
2. Place chicken in oven in a suitable baking dish while preparing sauce (about 10-15 min)
3. Heat oil in frying pan, add chopped onion and sliced garlic. Brown for 2 minutes.
4. Add curry powder, turmeric, ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in coconut cream and chicken stock. Bring to the boil.
6. Remove chicken from oven, pour over sauce and add optional vegetables. I just added broccoli. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Serve with rice.