It's been awhile since I have posted on this blog as I have been busy with the crochet side of things.
You can find my crochet blog here:
Last night I whipped up this amazing quiche and I wanted to share the recipe with you. You can add pretty much any vegetable you like. Great for cleaning out the vegetable bin before the next shop.
6 Eggs Lightly Beaten
1 bunch of Silver Beet
1 cup of Cauliflower Floret
1 Brown Onion
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Colby Cheese
1 tbsp Garlic
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Small amount of oil for cooking onions
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Wash the leek, silver beet and cauliflower and chop into smaller pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and fry with a small amount of oil and the garlic in a large frying pan until the onion is translucent.
- Add the leeks, silver beet and cauliflower to the frying pan. Cook stirring occasionally until silver beet is wilted.
- Move everything from frying pan to a large bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients excluding the tomato and mozzarella.
- Grease/line a quiche dish. Pour mixture into the dish.
- Top mixure with the sliced tomatoes and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked.